Human-Computer Interaction, Mobile & Ubiquitous Computing
Martin Pielot works as associate researcher in the scientific group of Telefónica I+D.
In his current research, he explores how the increased number of services that constantly request our attention affect our lives, to find out how to innovate these services to be less stressing & interrupting, and more enjoyable & connecting.
Martin Pielot 's publications:
- "When Attention is not Scarce: Detecting Boredom from Mobile Phone Usage ", Martin Pielot , Tilman Dingler , Jose San Pedro , Nuria Oliver .
ACM Ubicomp 2015 -- Best paper Award! , Sep 15
- "I’ll be there for you : Quantifying Attentiveness towards Mobile Messaging ", Tilman Dingler , Martin Pielot . Aug 15
- "Boredom-Triggered Proactive Recommendations ", Martin Pielot , Linas Baltrunas , Nuria Oliver .
Smarttention, Please! Intelligent Attention Management on Mobile Devices — Workshop @ MobileHCI, 2015., Aug 15
- "The Collision of Online and Offline Expectations in Computer-Mediated Communication ", Martin Pielot , Nuria Oliver . Apr 15
- "Didn’t you see my message? predicting attentiveness to mobile instant messages ", Martin Pielot , Rodrigo de Oliveira , Haewoon Kwak , Nuria Oliver .
ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI), Apr 14
- "Peripheral vibro-tactile displays ", Martin Pielot , Rodrigo de Oliveira .
ACM, Human-computer interaction with mobile devices and services, Aug 13
- "Size matters (spacing not): 18 points for a dyslexic-friendly Wikipedia ", Luz Rello , Martin Pielot , Mari-Carmen Marcos , Roberto Carlini .
ACM International Cross-Disciplinary Conference on Web Accessibility, May 13
- "App stores: external validity for mobile hci ", Niels Henze , Martin Pielot .
ACM, Interactios, Mar 13
- "Ambient timer–unobtrusively reminding users of upcoming tasks with ambient light ", Heiko Müller , Anastasia Kazakova , Martin Pielot , Wilko Heuten , Susanne Boll
Human-Computer Interaction (INTERACT), Jan 13